Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies




This is kind of a cheat, because it is really just the recipe on the back of the Tollhouse bag. Then why am I posting it you, ask? Because two easy modifications made these turn out kind of semi-gourmet...

1) I used the chocolate chunks instead of the chips and 2) I used chopped hazelnuts for the nuts. I'd never actually noticed chopped hazelnuts in the store before, but there they were in their not-so-festive Kroger bag. Maybe it's a new item, or maybe I just haven't been paying attention. Anyway, hazelnuts have a distinct flavor that makes these taste like not-your-average cookie.

Also: we are a household of two, and don't really have sweets during the week, so I only baked about half the batch. The rest, I double-wrapped in plastic then put in a labeled Ziploc for the freezer. So we can have yummy homemade cookies all over again in a couple of weeks without all the work.

No comments: