Spencer and I tried out a new hole in the wall restaurant in Provo named Dew. We really liked it and I was craving the Lemon Grass Pork Sandwiches so much that I decided to make my own. Both Spencer and I decided we liked my version even better than the restaurant. You will have to decide for yourself. I made my own demi-baguettes from the basic artisan dough recipe. We also love the dumplings and the soup at Dew. I would definitely recommend it, but it isn't a fun place for kids.
Lemon Grass Pork Sandwiches
- 6 green onions (white and pale green parts only), chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped lemongrass*
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 clove garlic--grated on the microplane or minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds boneless pork loin chops (each 1/3 to 1/2 ich thick) or bone in if that is what you have.