Friday, January 30, 2009

Bacon and Broccoli Quiche


This is so good on a cold night...I one and a half this recipe for two pie crusts. And I always cook it longer than the recipe says...

Bacon and Broccoli Quiche

4 slices bacon (sometimes I buy real bacon bits if I'm lazy)
1 c. half and half
2 c. broccoli flowerets
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
4 eggs
1 c. grated Swiss cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. lemon pepper
2 pie crusts (I just buy mine, maybe you'll make yours)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon until crisp, set aside. Beat eggs with cream and cheese. Stir in broccoli, salt, garlic powder and lemon pepper. Crumble bacon into egg mix. Form mixture into a 9" pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Top with remaining bacon.

1 comment:

Ann Dee said...

I like quiche but I don't like pie crust. I wonder what I could put it in instead.