Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cranberry Glazed Pork


Okay, I'm going to attempt a post with this new format. No, I did not take this picture. However, Tod's favorite Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast is perfect for holidays and is SO SO SO SO easy! All you need is a crockpot and the following:


1 can jellied cranberry sauce
½ c sugar
½ c cranberry juice cocktail
1 tsp. dry mustard
¼ tsp cloves
1 boneless sirloin pork roast (about 3 lbs)

2 Tbs. cornstarch
2 Tbs. cold water
Salt to taste

In medium bowl, mash cranberry sauce with a fork or a potato masher. Stir in sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Place pork roast in slow cooker (I use my crock pot) and pour cranberry sauce mixture over it. Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm. With a metal spoon, skim the fat from the liquid in the slow cooker. Pour 2 cups of the liquid into a sauce pan (add water to fill out the measure). Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Blend the cornstarch and cold water to make a paste; stir gradually into boiling liquid. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add salt to taste. I like serving this dish with sour cream potatoes (which I'll post the recipe for soon)!

1 comment:

Ann Dee said...

I had some of this on Easter. Karen made it and it's delicious. One warning, the gravy is cranberry gravy. Translation: it's sweet. I don't know why it surprised me when I had it. I knew it was cranberry but it still caught me off guard. Once I got used to the idea, mmmm.