Monday, July 27, 2009

Grilled Vegetables


A yummy summer side dish (or meal if you're like me). Very easy - but looks very impressive.

Hi. I'm new here. (I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right). I'm Amy. I love photography and I love cooking. Thanks Holly, for the invite to contribute to this blog, where I will happily engage both of these loves!


This dish is deceptively easy but very impressive and looks like you spent a lot of time on it. This recipe is one of those you can just make off the top of your head - once you make it you will see how simple it is!

Grilled Vegetables

Choose your favorite from "grillable" vegetables. Tonight, I chose zucchini, crimini mushrooms, and red bell pepper. Also excellent: asparagus, green onions, eggplant and yellow squash.

Dressing:
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
Fresh parsley
Fresh basil
Fresh rosemary

Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Quarter the bell pepper, take the stems off the mushrooms.  Combine in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.

Grill vegetables over medium high heat (be sure to grease the grill). Cooking times: about 8-10 minutes for the bell peppers; 7 minutes for squash, zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms; 4 minutes for asparagus and green onions.

Whisk the oil with vinegar and garlic. Add fresh herbs. You can use ANY of your favorite fresh herbs. I grabbed what was in my garden - basil and rosemary. Drizzle herb mixture over vegetables. Serve warm or at room temperature.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hello Amy! Welcome. Are you making this for dinner tonight? I'll be right over! It Looks delish!

Jordan said...

Ooohh...this looks perfect and so simple.