Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chicken Quesadillas with Mango Salsa

My belly is so big that it is hard for me to cook. I am in need of a lot of easy dinners because I still have at least 8 weeks until this baby comes. I went grocery shopping at Buy Low last week and found lots of ripe mangos on sale as well as some avocados. Spencer reminded me of this recipe. I change it a bit depending on the ingredients I have. This is the first time I have used avocados in it. I usually put in steamed asparagus. Getting back to easy, I just used what I had. It was good, so I thought I would share it. I would love other easy (summer) dinner ideas from any of you.

Mango Salsa:

2 ripe Mangos cut into medium chunks. If you don't know how to cut a mango check out this clip.

2 ripe avocados cut into medium chunks.

3 T fresh chives--chopped (or any other kind of onion that sounds good to you--red, sweet, green)

Juice from 1/2 lemon or a whole lime

If I don't use chives I put in some chopped cilantro along with the onion.

Salt to taste

Quesadillas:

Cheddar and/or mozerella cheese--as much as you want

Tortillas

Sliced Grilled chicken--I put some KC masterpiece seasoning on two small breasts and cooked them on our BBQ. It was enough for two adults and three kids.

BBQ sauce to taste. I like a medium amount. Too much drowns out the salsa.

Make the quesadillas with the cheese, BBQ sauce and chicken in the middle. Serve with the salsa. We had home-made grape juice with this and that was it.


1 comment:

Hawke said...

I am so proud that I actually got the hiding feature to work on this post!!