Thursday, September 2, 2010

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas

We tried these at Islands awhile back and made them last night.  No measurements; just make it up as you go like we did.  Mmmmmmmm.

Tortillas (we love the uncooked tortillas at Costco...it makes a big difference)
Cheese (we used sharp cheddar but I imagine most would work)
Purple onion diced
Cilantro
Cooked or canned chicken
BBQ sauce (just a few drops works great)(we like Claim Jumper brand)


Cook bottom tortilla and melt cheese.  Sprinkle with cilantro and onion.  Mix BBQ sauce with chicken and top over everything else.  Top with another tortilla and cook until golden.  You can thank me later or even right now if you want.

5 comments:

Ann Dee said...

looks good except cam hates bar-b-que sauce. Will that be a problem?

Jordan said...

Thank you.

MediocreMama said...

Ann Dee, tell Cam it's ketchup.

Martha said...

just found your blog from my angle of repose! thanks for sharing. this blog will cure me of my dinner debacle this whole week.

Unknown said...

Yummy! BBQ Chicken Quesadillas is perfect for this coming Halloween. My kids has been asking me to prepare barbecue so I decided to attend a gas barbecue sale to score much-needed barbecue cooking wares or materials. I wanted to cook the most delicious barbecue recipe for my family. That would certainly give me awesome barbecue and gas barbecue reviews next week. Thanks for sharing the recipe! It's really useful.